Publish your website to the Missouri State Server
Before you can publish, you need to acquire
web space on the university server. Once you have obtained web space,
you can enter your publication information into Dreamweaver and then publish
your site to the server.
To enter your publication information into Dreamweaver
- Open your website in Dreamweaver, making sure your site appears
in the Files panel. If your site doesn’t appear here,
then create a new site definition
or import an existing definition.
- On the Site menu, click Manage Sites.
- In the list of sites, click the name of the site you want to publish,
and then click Edit the currently selected site button
- In the left column, click Servers, and
then click the Add new Server button .
- In the Server Name box, type Missouri
- In the Connect using list, click WebDAV.
- In the URL box, type the following: https://webdav.missouristate.edu/people.missouristate.edu/Email, where Email
is the part of your Missouri State University email address before
the at sign.
The first part of your email address consists of either your first name or last name followed by a set of numbers, not the information you use to log in to campus computers. Your email address uses your public ID, whereas your network login uses your private ID, which is meant to remain private. If you don't know your email address, log in to your campus email account, which should list your email address.
- In the Username box, type the following:
is the user ID you use to log on to Missouri State University computers.
- In the Password box, type your university network
- Click Test to make sure Dreamweaver can
communicate with the server. If it can’t, double-check the settings
- Click Save, and then click Saveagain.
- Export the site definition to save all the new publication information.
When prompted to save your
- Click Done.
To delete any previously published material currently on the server
- In the Files panel, click the Expand to show
local and remote sites button
- Click the Refresh button
- Under Remote Server, in the left pane, select any files
and folders you want to delete.
If you want to delete everything on
the remote server, click any entry in the left pane, and then press Ctrl+A to select all folders and files.
- If you're sure you want to delete the selected items from the remote
server, press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- To confirm the permanent deletion of the selected items from the server,
- Click the Collapse to show only local or remote site
To publish your entire site
- In the Files panel, right-click your site
definition file, point to Cloaking, and then
- Using the method listed in step 1, cloak the Templates
folder and Library folder if they exist in
your site. You can also cloak any other files or folders you don't want to publish to the server.
- In the Files panel, click the root folder,
which begins with the word Site.
- Click the Put file(s) to "Remote Server" button.
It may take some time to upload your site to the
server, depending on your connection speed and the number of files you're
To publish selected files
- In the Files panel, click the file or folder you
wish to publish, and then click the Put file(s) to "Remote Server" button.
To select more than one file or folder, hold down
the Ctrl key, and then click each file you want to publish.
- If prompted to Put Dependent Files, do one of
- Click No if you plan to publish images and
style sheets separately.
- Click Yes if you want Dreamweaver to upload the
images and style sheets related to the current files.
Short URL: http://goo.gl/tj1Ezn