You are here: Electronic portfolios > Import and link to PDF files in Dreamweaver
Import and link to PDF files in Dreamweaver
To include PDF files or other files in your electronic portfolio,
you must save or copy these files into your web folder. If these
files aren't a part of your website folder, you can't link to them correctly. Be sure, also, that your site is defined properly in Dreamweaver, or the links to your PDF files won't work correctly when your site is published.
To import a PDF file into your web folder
- Locate your web folder on your hard drive or your flash drive.
- Double-click your web folder to open it.
- Create a folder to store your PDF files, and give the folder an
appropriate name. Folder names such as files, docs,
or pdfs work well.
Make sure the folder name and the PDF file names adhere
to proper naming conventions, that is, no spaces
and no special characters.
- Save, copy, or move the PDF files to folder you created in step 3.
To link to a PDF file
- Open the webpage you're linking to the imported file.
- Type and then select the text for the link.
- In the Properties panel, next to the Link box, click the Browse for File button.
- Navigate to your website folder and then to the folder where you
stored your PDF files.
- Click the PDF file you want to link to, and then click OK.
- In the Properties panel, set the Target list to _blank.
- On the File menu, point to Preview
in Browser, and then click a browser to test the link.
Short URL: http://goo.gl/avINMV