English 773: Turn off Captivate firewall message
If you keep receiving a message about letting Captivate through the Windows Firewall, here's how you can stop it from happening.
To turn off the Captivate firewall message
- Perform software updates by clicking the Help menu, and then clicking Updates.
- Open File Explorer, and then navigate to the following directory: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 x64\SWF_Components\ws
- Right-click the CivetWeb.exe file, click Rename, and then change the name to the following: CivetWeb.exe.bak
- If asked to allow the rename to occur, click Yes.
- If asked to provide administrator access, click Continue.