Crane, Poole, & Schmidt, LLC • Boston, Massachusetts
- Revised company documents, including the employee manual, to add new content and to correct grammatical and mechanical problems.
- Posted updates to the What's New and Blog sections of the company website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Updated the company website to change pages from XHTML 1.0 Transitional to HTML5 and ensured the HTML and CSS code passed W3C validation.
- Attended staff meetings in an ex officio capacity to stay updated on company projects.
Buy More • Burbank, California
Computer Sales Clerk
- Asked customers extensive questions about their experience and needs to help them decide which computer they should buy.
- Worked with local businesses to determine operating systems and network configurations appropriate for an organization of their size.
- Conducted monthly training sessions to show first-time users how to connect to and browse the Internet.
- Installed hardware and software to make sure our computers are ready to ship.
- Updated the company's website to reflect new pricing for parts and services.
Steve's Maid-Rite • Rockford, Illinois
Server and Trainer
- Worked during the busiest shift of the day and on weekends, seating and attending to approximately 100 customers per shift.
- Trained all new employees on greeting and seating customers using the Restaurant-Ease touch-screen computer system.
- Communicated with chefs on special orders to ensure the customer's order was correct the first time.
- Collected, counted, and deposited money at the end of each daily shift.
Helping Hands • Springfield, Missouri
- Accept and sort clothes donated by area residents to distribute to needy families.
- Volunteer five hours a week helping disadvantaged families fill out the appropriate forms and paperwork to apply for government assistance programs.
Boys and Girls Club of Rockford • Rockford, Illinois
- Volunteered five hours a week working with disadvantaged children on developing fundamentals in basketball and soccer.
- Worked with children on sportsmanship, discipline, and meeting goals.
- Wrote articles for the quarterly newsletter, Happenings at the Club.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Adobe RoboHelp
- Adobe Captivate
Crane, Poole, & Schmidt, LLC
500 Boylston Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116
(508) 555-0015, ext. 106
Department of English
Missouri State University
901 South National Avenue
Springfield, Missouri 65897
9000 Burbank Boulevard
Burbank, California 91506