Working with the web fonts in Chapter 8
In Chapter 8, on page 326, under the Step 4: Add the @font-face property to your CSS subheading, the book asks you to add the @font-face code as listed in the text. The problem, however, is that the font doesn't appear as described.
To save the fonts
- On your USB flash drive, open the chapter8 folder, open the journal folder, and then create a new folder named fonts.
- Right-click the following link: EmblemaOne_Regular.woff.
- In the shortcut menu, click Save link as (Chrome and Firefox), Save target as (Edge and Internet Explorer), or Saved linked content as (Opera).
- In your browser's Save as dialog box, navigate to the fonts folder you created above, and then click Save to save the EmblemaOne_Regular.woff file.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 with the following link: EmblemaOne_Regular.ttf. Save the EmblemaOne_Regular.ttf file to the same fonts folder.
To make the fonts work
- Change your code to match the following:
You should now see the font as shown in the textbook.