Download and install the RoboHelp 2017 trial
Remember that you can use RoboHelp in Siceluff 331 during open lab hours if you're a local student and if the lab schedule works with your schedule. The version of RoboHelp we have in the lab is RoboHelp 2015. Files created in RoboHelp 2017 cannot be opened in the lab. If you want to work back and forth between the lab and your computer, see the instructions for downloading and installing the RoboHelp 2015 trial.
If you don't live locally or you need to work from your home computer, you can install the RoboHelp 2017 30-day trial on your desktop or laptop computer, as described below. The trial's timer starts when you open RoboHelp for the first time, so don't open RoboHelp until you're ready to begin working with it. Remember that RoboHelp is a Windows-only program, so you'll need to own a Windows computer, have access to a Windows computer, or use Windows on your Mac through Bootcamp or a virtual machine such as Parallels. You can install the RoboHelp 2017 trial on a second computer, if you have one available, to receive an additional 30 days or if you need to work from two different computers.
To download and install the RoboHelp 2017 trial
- Open a web browser, and then go to http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/download-trial/try.html.
- Do one of the following:
Once you've signed in to your Adobe account, complete the required form fields, and then click Download.
In your web browser, download the Adobe_Robohelp_2017_English_Windows-AkamaiDLM.exe file when prompted.
Do one of the following:
- If you have an Adobe ID, enter your email address and password, and then click Sign In to access your account.
- If you don't have an Adobe ID, click Get an Adobe ID and then follow the onscreen instructions to create a free account.
When the Akamai NetSession Interface dialog box appears, click I Agree, and then click Next.
Click Allow Access to permit the Akamai software through the firewall, and then click Close.
When prompted to open the RoboHelp_13_LREFDJ.exe file, click Open.
Click Next to extract the contents of the RoboHelp_13_LREFDJ.exe file to your desktop and to begin installing the software.
On the Welcome screen, click Try, and then follow the onscreen prompts to finish installing the trial.
- Click Run if offered the option in your browser.
- Using File Explorer, open the Downloads folder, and then double-click the Adobe_Robohelp_2015_English_Windows-AkamaiDLM.exe file.
To update the trial
- When you open RoboHelp 2017 for the first time, click the File tab, click Help, and then click Updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install updates that have been released for RoboHelp 2017.
To clean up after installing and updating the trial
Once you have installed the trial, do one of the following:
- If you might install the trial on a different computer after your 30-day trial ends, copy the Adobe RoboHelp 2017 folder from your desktop to another drive, such as a USB flash drive. This way, you won't need to download the software again on a different computer.
- If you don't think you'll install the trial on a different computer after your 30-day trial ends, delete the Adobe RoboHelp 2017 folder on your desktop, and empty it from Recycle Bin to free up about 900 MB of space.