Download and install the RoboHelp 2015 trial
Remember that you can use RoboHelp in Siceluff 331 during open lab hours if you're a local student and if the lab schedule works with your schedule.
If you don't live locally or you need to work from your home computer, you can install the RoboHelp 2015 30-day trial on your desktop or laptop computer, as described below. The trial's timer starts when you open RoboHelp for the first time, so don't open RoboHelp until you're ready to begin working with it. Remember that RoboHelp is a Windows-only program, so you'll need to own a Windows computer, have access to a Windows computer, or use Windows on your Mac through Bootcamp or a virtual machine such as Parallels. You can install the RoboHelp 2015 trial on a second computer, if you have one available, to receive an additional 30 days or if you need to work from two different computers.
To download and install the RoboHelp 2015 trial
- Open a web browser, and then go to https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1ht330t7s13fmv/rh2015.zip?dl=0.
- If a create or sign-in screen appears, click No thanks, continue to view.
- Click the Download button, and save the file to a location where you can easily find it. (By default, most browsers save items to the Downloads folder on your computer.)
- Locate the rh2015.zip file you just downloaded.
- Right-click the rh2015.zip file, click Extract All and then click Extract.
- Double-click the Adobe RoboHelp 2015 folder, and then double-click the nested Adobe RoboHelp 2015 folder.
- Double-click Set-up.exe.
- If a screen appears to say a restart may be pending, click Ignore.
- Click Try.
- Sign in with your Adobe ID. (If you don't have one, you'll be prompted to create one.)
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish installing the trial.
To update the trial
- When you open RoboHelp 2015 for the first time, click the File tab, click Help, and then click Updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install updates that have been released for RoboHelp 2015.
To clean up after installing and updating the trial
Once you have installed the trial, do one of the following:
- If you might install the trial on a different computer after your 30-day trial ends, copy the Adobe RoboHelp 2015 folder from your desktop to another drive, such as a USB flash drive. This way, you won't need to download the software again on a different computer.
- If you don't think you'll install the trial on a different computer after your 30-day trial ends, delete the Adobe RoboHelp 2015 folder on your desktop, and empty it from Recycle Bin to free up about 900 MB of space.