Download and extract the contents of the Photoshop exercise files
The specific images we'll be editing for our Photoshop textbook exercises are located on Dropbox. The files are in .zip format, so you'll need to download and extract the contents of the .zip files for each chapter we're completing in the book.
To set up the folder where you'll store your work (one time only)
- Use File Explorer to open your USB flash drive.
- Right-click in a blank area of the flash drive window, point to New, and then click Folder.
- Name the new folder Photoshop exercises, and then press Enter to set the name.
To download and extract the contents of the Photoshop exercise files
- On our course webpage, click Download the files for Chapter 4.
- Click Download.
Caution Don't save the .zip file to your flash drive. We need only to extract the contents of the .zip file to our USB flash drives.
- Use File Explorer to locate where you saved the chapter4.zip file. The file will likely appear in your Downloads folder, so if you can't find your file, try clicking Downloads on the left side of the File Explorer window.
- Right-click the chapter5.zip file, and then click Extract All.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the Photoshop exercises folder on your USB flash drive, and then click OK.
- Click Extract.
- Repeat the steps above for each chapter file on the course webpage.
You can safely delete each .zip file when you're finished extracting its contents. If you need to get another copy of the file for some reason, you can always download it again from our course webpage.